While checking out the dusty junk aisles of ARC yesterday I came across a little rubber stamp printing kit. It was $3.99 and taped shut, worried that it would only have Qs and Xs, I looked around for any employees and sliced through the tape with my car key. It looked like the last owner used it to stamp the same account info over and over and nothing else. Almost all the others letters had never been touched. So I brought it home.
I didn’t buy it for any particular purpose, but I quickly thought of a great project. Lovely little labels for the generic looking IKEA jars in my kitchen. It was pretty simple to do, but it was time consuming. It wouldn’t take nearly as long to arrange the stamp if it was easier to get at the right letters. I’m going to look out for a small divided box at thrift stores, the organizing tray it comes with isn’t much help.
If you want to copy my method, it’s really simple. If you have a similar stamp kit use that or just print out your labels in a cool font. Cut out the labels and affix to your jars with a piece of clear contact paper cut slightly bigger than the paper.
Some of my labels before contact paper:
Something look off? Yeah I know I spelled roasted wrong. I’m terrible at spelling correctly when it’s during a project. When I do lettering or calligraphy I have to spell out the text on scrap paper and reference it before I do each letter. I noticed I’d spelled roasted wrong after I had cleaned up everything so I just cut off the “rosted” part and labeled the jar almonds.
I did this in the middle of the night so it was necessary to take the pictures in my light box. My kitchen is red and orange and it’s impossible to take a decent picture in it at night. Anyway we are moving to a whole open storage system for the kitchen dry goods and I love having all the plain jars labeled. I’ll post pictures of my sweet kitchen setup as soon as I remember to take them when the lighting is good!