I bought this super beat up mini chest of drawers back in December.
Periodically since then I’ve been changing it around, the first thing to go was the ugly trim on the drawer faces.
Then the bottom molding:
I removed all the panels, and decided the top molding had to go to.
I asked Matt to take it off with his saw, which I thought would be neater. However after a week of waiting I got impatient and took a hacksaw to it in the middle of the night. Here it is sanded before trim removal and with some wood filler drying:
Here it is before and after staining:
I added some teal paint to the body of the chest and panels, and spraypainted the drawers white. I also added burlap to the drawer faces and finished the whole thing with new trim:
This was one of those projects that started out as a little cleaning and polishing and ended with a complete overhaul. I love the end result though! Here it is once more before and after: